1 pound boneless chicken tenders
4-5 red peppers
1 can stewed tomatos
1 can tomato sauce
1 bag frozen peas
1 container of mushrooms
Peccorino Cheese (or some sort of grated hard cheese goodness)
1. Slice chicken into cubes (about the size of the top knuckle of your thumb)
2. Slice peppers into strips
3. Slice mushrooms
4. Sautee chicken, peppers and mushrooms in olive oil until chicken is done and peppers are soft
5. Add garlic salt
6. Lower to Low/Medium heat
7. Add can of sauteed tomatos
8. Add can of tomato sauce
9. Let simmer about 5 to 10 minutes to get all the juices going together
10. Add the frozen peas
11. Season with Cheese to taste, generally I use about 2 tbls.
I like to let this cook sit and cook for about an hour to get all the flavors together. But, after work I will cook and serve it immediately. It's tasty either way!
This is a low point (for those following WW) filling stew like meal which the hubby and I eat about once a week. You always have leftovers as well. YUMMY!